140 year of Shriners

140 year of Shriners

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Letter from Bob-Cherokee Truck Show




As I sit here about to write thank you's to all who attended this year's show ,I can't help but think about all of the kids & families in Mexico who were affected by the fire over the weekend.
What little part we as a trucking family have now played in their lives by giving our proceeds and hearts to the Shriners Children's Hospital Of Northern Calif. None of us ever want to be where these families are at this point in our lives,but the hospital will take care of these kids as if they lived next door to you or me .
People have always asked me why the Shriners, now you all know why. I'm not one of the guys in the funny hats ,just a person who like to see kids happy & healthy . We all take for granted the health of our kids until something like this happens.That is why none of us need to ever walk with our heads hung low ,always walk with your head held high knowing that in some way we all as group may be helping these kids right now.
On behalf of myself ,my co-sponsors, A & L Truck Supply ,BrannonTire ,Yokohama Tire ,Cherokee Truck Parts ,Tony & Raymond at the gate to all of the volunteers who always are there to help make sure this show is CLASS ACT,the manufactures who always donate, the people who bid at the auction and the people who just plain like to see why so many trucks are in one place at one time ,thank you.AND DON'T FORGET
ABOUT THE FOOD!IT WAS AU SOME AGAIN! At a time like this nothing else need be said.
I think at this time you all should know that next year the show will be The Shriners Cool Truck Show. I know that a lot of you came to me during the show and said --Bob ,you put on a great show ! It wasn't me that did it,I'm just the guy that said let's have a party --you are the ones that made it fun! Thanks to the City of Galt ,Calif. for all their
help also.
THANK YOU AGAIN
TRUCK SAFE & KEEP THE RATES UP
BOB HITCHCOCK AND CREW
THE COOL TRUCK SHOW

No comments: