140 year of Shriners

140 year of Shriners

Thursday, June 23, 2016

“Scoliosis doesn’t define me

Shriners Hospitals for Children® patient Katy Litwiller says, “Scoliosis doesn’t define me, but I believe scoliosis has made me stronger.”
In honor of Scoliosis Awareness Month, please take a few minutes to read about Katy’s heartwarming journey!
The 15-year-old auditioned for NBC’s “The Voice,” stunning listeners with her singing. Katy also shares her gift at local Shriners’ events, but she has more than a singing career on the horizon.
She helps other young people going through similar challenges by sharing her experiences on Instagram. This scoliosis superhero encourages teen girls to stay confident, courageous and committed to their dreams.
“We have been blessed by Shriners Hospitals for Children. I feel the love there…it feels more like home than any other hospital I’ve ever been to,” says Katy.
This Scoliosis Awareness Month, I thank you for your commitment to Shriners Hospitals for Children. It turns a hospital into a place of warmth and love for patients like Katy every day!
Sincerely,   Jerry G. Gantt
Chairman of the Board of Directors

No comments: