Saturday, June 21, 2008
Shriners 8km and 5km Saturday, June 21, 2008
10 Great Reasons why you should enter the 10th Annual Shriners Run & Walk
1. Free pancake breakfast to all entrants after the race!
2. Flat, fast, shady and scenic neighborhood courses
3. Perfect place to set your 8 km or 5 km PR (Personal Record)!
4. Champion Chip race timing in both races
5. Great Shrine entertainment.
6. Tour the beautiful Shriners Hospital after the race
7. Free, covered parking next to start/finish
8. 8 km offers $2,550 in prize money
9. Part of the Buzz Oates Run Sac Race Series
10. A great cause: proceeds benefit Ben Ali Temple
The Shrine and its 22 hospitals across North America, while maintaining separate legal and financial identities, are linked by the Shrine’s continuing support of Shriners Hospitals. Entry fees do not benefit the Shriners Hospital for Children and are not tax deductible.
This race benefits the Ben Ali Shrine Center of Sacramento, one of 191 Shrine Centers across North America supported by more than 400,000 Shriners. The Center, their units, and affiliated Shrine Clubs embody the true spirit of fraternalism.
For information about the Ben Ali Shrine Center, call (916) 920-4107 or visit www.ben-ali-shriners.org.
Thank you for your support of the “World’s Greatest Fraternity.”
Race Day Schedule Saturday, June 21, 2008
6:30 a.m. Registration and packet pick-up opens
8:00 a.m. Start, 8 km run
9:10 a.m. Start, 5 km Run/Walk
10:00 a.m. 8 km Awards Ceremony
10:30 a.m. 5 km Awards Ceremony
All events start and finish at the Shriners Hospital, Stockton and X Street, Sacramento.
For one runners view of the run check out this link www.mikeantonucci.com/2008/06/shriner
Posted by Unknown at 11:12 PM