This is a posting of events of interest to Shriners in the Western States
140 year of Shriners
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Celebrate Public Schools Month
Public Schools Month
Each April, at lodges throughout California, Masons gather together to renew and
celebrate our commitment to supporting public education at the local and statewide level.
Plan to attend one of this year’s Public Schools Month Kickoff Celebrations, organized
by Public Schools Advisory Councils statewide. And, read the Public Schools Month Proclamation from Grand Master Charvonia
to get inspired about supporting public schools in your community.
In 1920, when Past Grand Master Charles Adams proclaimed the first Public Schools
Week in California, he had no way of knowing that his devotion to free, public education
would inspire California Masons for generations.
This year – 95 years later – we will continue to uphold his legacy during our celebrations
of Public Schools Month throughout the state. Join California fraternal leaders and
members of our Public Schools Advisory Councils (PSACs) at one of our “Public Schools
Month Kickoff Celebrations” at a school near you!
- East Bay (Bay Area): Place at Prescott, April 22 at 8:30 a.m.
- Inland Empire: Fremont Academy, April 8 at 10:00 a.m.
- Orange County: Savanna High School, April 14 at 3:00 p.m.
- Pasadena/Glendale/Burbank: John Muir High School, April 7 at 1:30 p.m.
- Sacramento: Williamson Elementary School, April 15 at 8:45 a.m.
- San Diego: James Madison High School, April 9 at 9:00 a.m.
- San Francisco: Galileo High School, April 8 at 2:30 p.m.
- South Bay (Bay Area): Bachrodt Elementary School, April 27 at 9:30 a.m.
Plus, follow Public Schools Month celebrations throughout the month of April – and submit your own celebration stories and photos – by connecting with the Masons of California onFacebook,Twitter, andInstagram.to get inspired about supporting
public schools in your community.