140 year of Shriners

140 year of Shriners

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DeMolay Legion of Honor for Ill. Phil Houghton

Illustrious Sirs, Divan and Nobles:
 
This is a reminder that on Wednesday, Oct 13, 2010, at 6:00 PM (just prior to our Stated Meeting), the Arizona DeMolay will confer their Legion of Honor Investiture on our Potentate, Ill Sir Phil Houghton.  I know Ill Sir Phil is too modest to make a big deal out of this ceremony, but it is a tremendous honor for him to receive this award.  The fact that he is our Potentate allows us all to celebrate and take pride in this accomplishment.
 
Ill Sir Phil was elected to receive the DeMolay Legion of Honor by the Supreme Council of DeMolay International.  Not many get to receive this award, I believe only four were elected to receive this award in Arizona this year.  The award is given to Master Masons or Senior DeMolays who have made a significant contribution as a Master Mason and/or in their professional life.  The concept of the award is to recognize men that the young men in DeMolay can use as their proper role models and mentors.  Therefore, there is a tremendous responsibility that goes along with receiving this award.  As a young man in DeMolay, I can remember looking at the Legion of Honor recipients and hoping that I could pattern my life after them.  They served as great mentors during my developmental years and I have great confidence that Ill Sir Phil will do the same for the young men of DeMolay today.
 
I hope that you will make every effort to attend this investiture and help celebrate with our Potentate this great honor.  Ill Sir Phil is very deserving of this award and I'm honored to get to be a part of his evening.
 
Yours in the Faith.
 
Jim Miller, PP

No comments: