140 year of Shriners

140 year of Shriners

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Becoming a new Shriners Kid


Friday, October 24, 2008
Shriners Hospital -- We got accepted!!
I got an exciting phone call today. (Hubby beat me to the phone though; which I guess technically means he got an exciting phone call.)

We'd applied to Shriners Childrens Hospital for Wuzzle. (She was born with Amniotic Band Syndrome affecting her left hand. ) It was really sort of a shot in the dark; but since I was such a part of Job's Daughters growing up, I figured I'd give it a try. The surgeon we saw locally was a jerk, and didn't really tell us much.

Well, today they called us!! And they let us know that Wuzzle was accepted!!! *Gigantic Happy Dance*

January 12 we have our first appointment there. We don't know if surgery is even an option; but we're really hoping they can do something to give her some function in her left thumb. (She has no fingers, and half a thumb.)

That's my overly wonderful and exciting news!

No comments: