School & Community Public Health Nurse Education Conference
School nurses from throughout Northern California, Oregon and Nevada are invited to learn how Shriners Hospitals for Children Northern California can be a resource to them. The conference will be held on Friday, September 12, from 8:15 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the hospital’s first-floor auditorium, 2425 Stockton Boulevard in Sacramento. Free parking is available in the hospital garage.
Presented by Shriners Hospitals for Children Northern California in partnership with the Ben Ali Shriners, the School & Community Public Health Nurse Education Conference will focus on the referral process services and follow-up care of Shriners patients. Topics and presenters include:
* Access to Care, presented by BJ Bartleson, RN, MS, CNNA, director of patient care services, and Audrey Watkins, referral center manager
* Burn Services by Catherine Comroe, RN, PNP
* Spinal Cord Injury and Rehabilitation Services –by Katrina McGinnis, RN, FNP
* Scoliosis Screening Tips & Techniques presented by Jeannine Shaffer, RN, BSN
* Transitions & School Services presented by Margaret Kugler, MS, vocational counselor
All participants are invited to tour the hospital after the conference. Deadline for registration is September 1, and a $25 registration fee must accompany all registrations. Participants are eligible for 5 contact hours of continuing education credits approved by the Board of Registered Nursing.
For more information, download the conference brochure and registration form or contact the hospital’s staff development department at (916) 453-2191 or email@example.com.