140 year of Shriners

140 year of Shriners

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Simi Valley Parade

I want to extend a thank you to everyone who made it this morning......

Cliff, Sam, Wayne, Randy, Tony, Al, Glenn, Leo, Rod and myself rode in the Parade. Some of the ladies, my wife Janet, Randy's wife Julie and Cliffs friend Tammy, accompanied us to breakfast at the Firehouse Cafe and later cheered us on towards the end of the route. 13 in total attended.

The Firehouse Cafe did a great job and had a table waiting for us when they opened. Naturally I was one of the last ones there because its a whole two minutes from house and thats when you have to wait for the light. Breakfast at the Firehouse was a really nice start to a good day! I am going to e-mail them a Thank You on behalf of the Shrine Motor Patrol. One of the waitresses that wasn't on shift this moring is the Worthy Matron from Simi Eastern Star and she's involved with Job's Daughters.

I believe this is one of the first Parades for Cliff and Sam with us and now they have improved their left turn abilities. Thank you for coming today brothers. We enjoyed your company and hope to see more of you at future events.

We were #27 in the parade so we got an early start and we completed it by 10:30 AM. Early enough for everyone still to enjoy the rest of the day, but to early to get lunch at the Hat for a pastrami. I thought the crowd really enjoyed the bikes in the parade. Not only did I see a number of neighbors and members of the community I know, but a few brothers along the route including the newest brother of my lodger whom I just raised on Wednesday night.

The parade committee also gave us passes to the carnival which several of you gave to me. My wife quickly distributed these to a number of families we know and they were put to good use. One family in particular would not of been able to go otherwise. So thank you brothers on sharing those with me.

It has definitely been a good day for me - until of of course I decideed to walk rather than drive down to the carnival and know my legs hurt.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on September 27 for the Solvang Ride and/or Oct 4 for the Adobe Reyes Parade in Westlake/Agoura. Please fell free to bring guests and friends along for Solvang. And one last reminder, Paso Robles is just around the corner (Oct 11). Make sure to get a room reservation.

Sincerely and Fraternally, Jay Monroe

No comments: