140 year of Shriners

140 year of Shriners

Friday, September 26, 2008

Stars Line Up for Timberlake Tournament

KFI AM 640 Talk Radio, September 25, 2008
Several pro golfers have agreed to take part in Justin Timberlake's first charity tournament.

DAILY ENTERTAINMENT PHOTOS: Get the Latest Celeb Gossip!

Golfers David Duval, Rory Sabbatini and Jesper Parnevik have pledged to take part in Justin Timberlake's first charity tournament.

Timberlake will front the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas next month and the big names are bringing their big drivers.

The pop superstar is thrilled with the line-up for his first tournament, which has been declared an official PGA event, and he's itching to get out on the course with them.

The singer has only been golfing regularly for the past six years - but he feels as if he was born to play.

He says, "For me, golf is one of those things where you go out and forget about everything else... I remember I hit one amazing shot off the tee, straight down the middle. I got to thinking, 'Maybe I could play this game.'

"I'm self-taught. I'd watch Tiger and Ernie Els on TV and try to learn from what they did, but obviously I related music to it. The golf swing is very, very rhythmic. There's a certain tempo to it, just in like in music."

No comments: