140 year of Shriners

140 year of Shriners

Monday, September 8, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

Shriners Tickets bought 3 got 3 given to me

While out shopping last week, I came upon a Shriners raffle table. I happened to purchase 3 tickets to the Shriners Draw for Kids 2008 annual raffle. Tickets were 3 for $10. Paid for 3 tickets and while filling out my ticket stubs, a very nice man (complete stranger to me) from Oregon told me to fill out 3 more.

I asked him his name and he told me there were not for him. That I was to fill out 3 more with my name on them. I refused of course and tried to decline the kind offer. However, he was very happy to have me fill out 3 more and insisted I do so with my name on them. He then handed one of the Shriner Volunteers some money and told them he was buying them for me! Thank you BOB!

I eventually did put my name on them, and walked away with 6 tickets instead of the initial 3 I had purchased. He told me that I looked like I could use some help…as I was driving our old Ford Tempo and it sounded like it was on it’s last cylinder…He was happy that I accepted his gift and I was very happy to be the receipent. Now here is hoping I win that truck!

Check Out this web site www.icscooltobekind.com

No comments: